Position Summary: This individual is responsible for operating an electric forklift for the purpose of loading and unloading incoming and outgoing products in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operates an electric forklift in a safe and controlled manner.
• Inspects lift and reports any damage or deficiencies.
• Positions forks, under, over, or around loaded pallets or products and transports load to designated area.
• Accurately loads and unloads all incoming and outgoing products in accordance with code date procedures and load sheets or load diagram, including draft trucks.
• Places empty pallets and cooperage in a designated area in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Places damaged product returns in the designated rework area.
• Assists with overall clean-up of warehouse as required.
• Reports all Company property damage promptly to supervisor.
• Completes all work related paperwork neatly and accurately.
• Employee presents a professional and positive image at all times.
• Treats all customers and fellow employees with dignity and respect.
• All other Warehouse related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
• Understands and complies with all Atlanta Beverage Company policies and procedures.
• Follows the established Company Rotation policy for all products.
• Understands and accurately applies the Code Date book.
• Actively supports the Companys mission and vision philosophy.
• Attends all required Company meetings.
• Employee initiates and actively participates in personal growth and development plans.
• Works with all co-workers to ensure a safe working environment.
• Maintains security and confidentiality of all Company information.
• High school diploma or GED certificate is preferred.
• Forklift Certification required.
• Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Ability to speak simple sentences.
• Reasoning Ability
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, finger, or feel; or to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, climb, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee is frequently required to walk.
• Must possess the ability to lift and/or move over 165 lbs.
• Must be able to talk and hear to communicate with both internal and external customers.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.