The Driver/Salesman is an important part of maximizing sales and distribution of all malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products and packages within each account in order to achieve or exceed the sales team objectives. This position is directly responsible to ensure the reliable and efficient sales, delivery and effective merchandising, servicing and developing of assigned accounts. This position functions under the leadership of the Territory Manager.
• Maximize sales and distribution of all malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products and packages within each account through established Company sales methods.
• All malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products are handled effectively and efficiently.
• All malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products are merchandised effectively and efficiently.
• Accurately and legibly performs the route administrative procedures.
• Vehicle is properly prepared for daily delivery in accordance with established Company policy.
• Operates all Company vehicles in a safe, courteous manner and obeys all traffic regulations and Company safety policies.
• Demonstrates effective customer service skills.
• Understands and complies with all Atlanta Beverage Company policies and procedures.
• Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
• Actively supports the Company’s mission and vision.
• Standard Class A drivers license, required.
• A clear motor vehicle record for the past three (3) years.
• High school diploma required; some college preferred.
• One-year experience in the beer industry preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
• A complete understanding of all Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Requires the ability to work independently, exercising sound judgment and initiative.
• Ability to deal with problems involving multiple solutions in standardized situations.
• Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth grade level in order to balance cash/checks accurately read and figure code dates, and count product.
• Must regularly lift over 70 lbs. and maneuver loaded hand truck – approximately 200 lbs. plus.
• Must be able to maneuver around large trucks, reach, pull, twist, bend and stoop to climb in and out of cab, raise and lower side doors (bay), load and unload products, etc.
• Extensive walking in and out of accounts and riding in vehicle is required.
• Must be able to talk and hear to communicate with both internal and external customers.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.