The Route Assistant is an important part of ensuring the proper and efficient merchandising, servicing and developing of assigned accounts in order to achieve or exceed the sales team objectives; and, performs all safety and administrative duties to support the Driver. This position functions under the leadership of the Territory Manager, and takes daily directives from the Driver.
• All malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products are handled effectively and efficiently.
• All malt beverage, spirit and non alcohol products are merchandised effectively and efficiently.
• Proactively provides support to the Driver in completing daily safety and administrative tasks.
• Demonstrates effective customer service skills.
• Driver verifies employee is always outside of vehicle, on the ground, to provide backing assistance to driver in all circumstances.
• Understands and complies with all Atlanta Beverage Company policies and procedures.
• Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to three months related experience and/or training, preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
• A complete understanding of all Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must regularly lift over 70 lbs. and maneuver loaded hand truck – approximately 200 lbs. plus.
• Must be able to maneuver around large trucks, reach, pull, twist, bend and stoop to climb in and out of cab, raise and lower side doors (bay), load and unload products, etc.
• Extensive walking in and out of accounts and riding in vehicle is required.
• Must be able to talk and hear to communicate with both internal and external customers.
• Must be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth grade level in order to read and figure code dates, product count prior to departing the warehouse and upon delivery to the customer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.